Roku is one of the most popular TV streaming providers around that lets you access all your favorite entertainment titles without getting a cable TV. You can use your home’s internet connection to watch TV series, movies, live shows and more with Roku. If you’ve recently purchased Roku for your TV, you can use the Roku.com/link site for activating Roku.
The Activation Process
Roku has a smart activation process that enables you to activate the device securely and offers uninterrupted entertainment experience. You can activate the Roku device by simply using a system generated a one-time code. We have explained the process further in this blog post.
Step by Step Process for Activating Roku using Roku.com/link
First of all, you have to create a Roku account. This account will contain access to various entertainment packages and all the TV channels you wish to subscribe to. You can make a new Roku account at my.roku.com/signup after which, you’d be able to activate your Roku device for watching.
Use your personal email address for creating the account, preferably the one that you use more often as all of the notifications will go to this email address.
Once your account has been created, you can follow the following steps.
- Connect your Roku Device to your TV set and power it on.
- After that, you will be presented with a few on-screen instructions that will help you make some initial settings such as language and other things.
- At this time, Roku may also download new firmware version, so you can wait for that to take place.
- Once the initial set up is done, you will see a code flashing on the TV screen. It will be a five digit code containing letters and numbers.
- Note down that code and visit the roku.com/link on your Mac, PC or desktop.
- You will be asked to enter the code on this web page. Enter the code and finish the activation of your new Roku device.
Did Something Go Wrong?
If in case anything goes wrong and you’re not able to activate your device using the roku.com/link page, you can carry out the following troubleshooting steps to fix it.
If the code that you entered on the link code page on Roku’s website didn’t accept it, you can try entering the code again by reconfirming it from the TV screen.
If the code is correct, but the screen won’t move any further, you can press the * button from the remote provided alongside the Roku device. This way you’ll be able to go to the option that says, “Get a new code”. Enter this new code on the activation link page.
If the problem still persists, you can wait for some time to get the device activated. Usually, it takes about a few minutes to complete the activation. A slow Wi-Fi connection could be the culprit here.
Get Help with Roku Activation
If after doing all the steps, the device simply won’t get activated, you can contact our Roku support for getting the device activated. We offer expert support for all kinds of Roku issues, whether it is related to streaming or activation.
You can use our toll-free Roku Support number and quickly resume your entertainment with Roku. Our speedy support, trained delegates and knowledge base provided by Roku resolve all your issues in no time!